Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fighting a losing battle.

Today I'm having a mini rant, I'm sure I will get over it but for the moment I'm fed up at trying to keep my house looking nice and failing.
We move in to a lovely pristine house a little over a year ago. It was love at first sight. Beautiful newly fitted kitchen/dining room, large living room and 3 bedrooms. The walls were all freshly paint off white, along with a newly laid cream carpet throughout the whole house. Stunning.
However, since we have moved in it seems we are on a constant battle to keep it that way. There is a smudge trail that is child height going up the stairs. A bashed door frame from a sit on ride car. Splatters on the walls when food has been flung.
I feel that I'm turning into woman off Last of the Summer Wine, who follows her husband around with newspaper but instead I'm armed with carpet cleaner and a cloth.
When we have dinner nearly the entire carpet area is covered in a plastic mat to catch spills. I mean who would carpet their dining room cream. I'm saving to have it laminated. I dare not drink red wine for fear of a spillage.  Rant over, sorry about that.


No comments: