Saturday, June 12, 2010

OMG

Found out 2 days ago I'm pregnant. We're really pleased about it, though I think it still hasn't sunk in yet. John seems calmer then me. I'm in a tizz. Have gone and bought a baby book and folic acid. Also have booked a doctors appointment which is on the 24th June. I have learnt that the baby is the size and shape of a grain of rice and that is has already started to develop a spine and brain. Already panicking about not being able get in and out of the bath, but the biggest fear is BLOOD TESTS.

The most difficult thing is not to race round telling everyone our news. I was never any good at secrets. We have to wait until 12 weeks. At the moment I'm 4 weeks and 5 days, so there is a long way to go.

I have also realised that I won't be about to drink of 9 months. The last glass of wine I have was really nasty, I wish I had known it was going to be my last because I would have drank something good. Tonight I have Katie round. She has just lost her job in Brighton and is going round to get to drown her sorrows with me. So John and I have come up with a plan, the same plan with be enforced on my birthday BBQ. We are going to stock up on Shloer and grape juice. John is going to pretend to drink it, I will pretend to drink wine and we are going to do a sneaky swap. hopefully Katie will be a few glasses ahead of me to realise.


No comments: