Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Why Oh Why did I become a teacher?

Ok.
Fair enough I did have a sort of day off today, but I still had to be in school, and I still left at 5:30.
I seem to have no social life at all. I start work at 7:45 and leave at 5:30. I suppose that isn't too bad, but then I get home and work until 9:30. I don't go out, I have given up drinking, clubbing and I feel tired all the time. When I go to bed I often can't sleep because I'm thinking about the next day or about the piles of stuff I haven't got round to doing yet. I'm never seem to catch up.
I keep thinking that it is all because it is my first year and thing will get easier. But I'm told not, there are still teachers who are in school an hour before me and leave after me, dragging a huge pile of marking to the car and they have a family and small children as well. I don't understand how they manage.

As you can see, I'm feeling a bit run down. I can't go out on a weekday and I can't over exert myself at the weekend because I spend all week getting over it.

The house is a tip there is mountians of washing, to hell with the ironing. I think it will be easier to buy new clothes and pots and thrown the dirty ones away. After the party we had the other weekend I asked John if we could move so we could leave all the rubbish behind.

Anyway roll on the weekend. I'm not going to do anything apart from watch the washing pile increase. I'm cooking with the kids on Friday, I hope they remember to washing their hands.

Sam x

1 comment:

tripleZmom said...

I swear to you it does get easier - at least the paper work and lesson plans and grading and all that. You can get to a point where you can prioritize. Because the truth is, teaching is a job you could do 24/7, 365 days a year. Don't let it consume you.