Saturday, August 05, 2006

Fruit Brandy

Hi.

This is the receipt for fruit brandy. It is improvised from a Gin receipt so a assume you can use it with lots of different fruit and drinks.
I have apricots, oranges and cherry's. First I cut up the fruit and mashed it slighty to let the juice out. Then layered in a clean coffee jar till it was about 3/4 full. One layer of fruit and one tablespoon of sugar. Then add the brandy. I brought the cheapest brandy I could find (Tescos 1 litre £10). Leave it for three weeks. When done strain it and drink it.

The best one I made was the apricot one it was really sweet but that might be because I put more sugar in that one.

I was gone to post a picture of the brandy but I have some friendsoverr last night.

Let me know how you get on. I'm going to try bramble brandy next.

Sam x

PS. I have rang up for a job at the place I worked in summer while as was at uni. Fingers crossed they will have me back.

No comments: